Join us April 25 for the University Research Awards event
As one of the nation’s leading research universities, KU strives to foster a culture of research and discovery to address society's grand challenges.
With this in mind, I am delighted to invite you to our annual University Research Awards event on Tuesday, April 25 at the Burge Union at 7 p.m.
This event is an opportunity to celebrate great research happening across our campuses and highlight some of KU’s most outstanding researchers. In particular, the ceremony will honor the following research award recipients:
- Susan Carlson, A.J. Rice Distinguished Professor of Nutrition
- Vadim Karatayev, postdoctoral researcher, ecology & evolutionary biology
- Blair Schneider, associate researcher and science outreach manager, Kansas Geological Survey
- Teri Garstka, associate director, Center for Public Partnerships & Research
- Uwe Thumm, University Distinguished Professor of Physics, Kansas State University
- Donna Ginther, Roy A. Roberts and Regents Distinguished Professor of Economics; director, Institute for Policy & Social Research
- Mark Shiflett, Foundation Distinguished Professor of Chemical & Petroleum Engineering; director, Institute for Sustainable Engineering
- Timothy Musch, University Distinguished Professor of Kinesiology and Physiology, Kansas State University; director, Cardiorespiratory Exercise Lab
- Winners to be announced in March
Joining me at the event are Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor Barbara Bichelmeyer and Executive Vice Chancellor Robert Simari, as well as research leaders from Lawrence and KU Medical Center.
All members of the KU community are invited to attend. We ask that you RSVP in advance so we can have a headcount for food and beverages.
I look forward to seeing you April 25.
Douglas A. Girod
University of Kansas