Task Force on Community-Responsive Public Safety
The Task Force on Community-Responsive Public Safety was created by Chancellor Girod to review KU Public Safety policies, practices and procedures; examine national best practices and proposals for change; and make recommendations regarding improvements to ensure respectful, transparent and community-responsive public safety services.
The task force comprises students, faculty and staff from across the university and is chaired by KU Distinguished Professor Charles Epp.
The task force hosted three listening sessions -- on Sept. 17, Sept. 19, and Sept. 21 -- to hear from members of the KU and Lawrence communities.
The task force will conclude its work by November, at which point they will share their recommendations with Chancellor Girod.
Task Force Members
- Alex Villagran, Graduate Student, School of Public Affairs
- Aramis Watson, Associate Director, KU Student Housing
- Azja Butler, Undergraduate Student
- Bulaong Malika Ramiz, Director, Emily Taylor Center for Women and Gender Equity
- Caleb Bobo, KU Alumnus
- Chris Keary, Chief of KU Public Safety
- D.A. Graham, University Ombuds
- Dan Beckler, Associate Athletics Director, Kansas Athletics
- Darin Beck, Director of the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center
- David McCormack, Undergraduate Student Representative
- Deborah Dandridge, Kansas Collection Librarian, KU Libraries
- Emilio Santana, Undergraduate Student Representative
- Hollie Hall, Graduate Student Body Vice President
- Inoru Wade, Doctoral Student
- Jason Matejkowski, Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Programs, School of Social Welfare
- Jennifer Ng, Interim Vice Provost for Diversity and Equity
- Kim Warren, Associate Professor, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Department of History
- Lua Yuille, Professor, School of Law and Faculty Senate President
- Neill Kennedy, PhD Student, American Studies and Graduate Teaching Assistants Coalition President
- Precious Porras, Assistant Vice Provost for Diversity and Equity and Director of the Office for Multicultural Affairs
- Robert Waller, KU Budget Office, Staff Senate Representative
- Sanjay Mishra, Professor, School of Business and University Senate President
- Sarah Deer, Professor, School of Public Affairs and Administration and College of Liberal Arts and Sciences- Department of Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
- Shawn Alexander, Chair and Professor, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Department of African and African American Studies
- Stephonn Alcorn, Alumnus
- Tammara Durham, Vice Provost for Student Affairs