Last spring, we announced that Diane Goddard, our chief financial officer and vice provost for finance, will be retiring at the end of this semester after 36 years with KU.
I am writing today to let you know we have established the search committee that will lead the process of finding our next CFO. Additionally, we have posted a request for proposals for a search firm to assist in this process. We anticipate having a firm selected in the coming weeks.
The members of the search committee are as follows:
- Dave Cook, Vice Chancellor for Public Affairs and Economic Development (Committee Chair)
- Ann Brill, Dean of the School of Journalism and Mass Communications
- Lisa Hoebelheinrich, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Administration, KUMC; and Executive Director, KUMC Research Institute
- Marie Taylor, Associate General Counsel, KU
- Barbara Bichelmeyer, Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
- Robert Simari, Executive Vice Chancellor, KUMC
- John Curran, Chief Audit Executive, KU Internal Audit
- Kathleen Lane, Professor, School of Education & Human Sciences; Associate Vice Chancellor for Research
- James Clarke, Senior Vice President, KU Endowment Association
Our goal is to have a new CFO in place by the end of the calendar year. As I mentioned in the spring, Diane has graciously agreed to help on-board her eventual replacement to ensure a smooth transition.
Douglas A. Girod
University of Kansas